The Cancel route should be used in the event the entire trip/booking (sale & purchase) require cancellation. In this case, the traveler/cardholder would be due a refund from the sale and the Virtual Card would be terminated to prevent the travel supplier from authorizing the Virtual Card.
Calling the Cancel Route:
- Will Void the transaction if the Sale is in an open batch
- Will Return the transaction if the Sale is in a closed batch
- Can only be called when wanting to Void or Return the full Sale amount
- Can be used for Credit or Cash payments
- Will void the ITC and terminate the VC (preventing any new authorizations on the VC)